Beauty Grace Skin Care Centre, ABN 52 070 990 840 (“BG”, “Beauty Grace”, “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy of all individuals with whom we deal. We are also committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
This policy explains how we manage the personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose. It also explains how to contact us if you have any further queries about our management of your personal information.
This policy applies to you only to the extent that the collection and handling of your personal information by us is subject to the Privacy Act.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (regardless of its accuracy or form) about an individual, or from which the identity of a person is reasonably identifiable. It includes your name, age, gender and contact details.
What kind of personal information do we collect and hold?
We only collect personal information about you that is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities.
The type of personal information which we collect and hold includes your:
- contact details such as your name, phone number, residential address and email address;
- financial information such as your bank or credit card details; and
- historical information such as your prior service provider.
How do we collect your personal information?
We only collect personal information about you in the manner permitted by the Privacy Act.
We may collect your personal information from you in a number of ways including in person, by phone, through our website or by email.
We may also collect your personal information from related bodies corporate, from third parties, such as from our professional advisers, and from organisations engaged by us to carry out functions on our behalf.
How do we hold your personal information?
When holding your personal information, we are required by the Privacy Act to take reasonable steps:
- to ensure that your personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information if we no longer require that information for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
For what purposes do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide the products and services which we offer (whether directly or through a related body corporate);
- to perform the functions and activities related to our business, including billing and account management; and
- to manage our relationship with you including by contacting you about our products or services, the products or services of related organisations, and any news or events that we think may be of interest to you.
Our range of products and services, as well as our functions and activities, and those of our related bodies corporate and service providers may change from time to time.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
In order to carry out the above-mentioned purposes, we may disclose your personal information to persons, related bodies corporate or other organisations such as our delivery agents and Australia Post. We may also disclose your personal information to the organisations from which we collect your information.
We may use your personal information to contact you (including by phone, text message or email) about products or services which we think may be of interest to you. This may include our own, our related body corporate’s or a third party’s products or services.
In particular, we may contact you about products and services we think may be of interest to you after you cease to do business with us. For example, we might contact you about new products or services you may be interested in.
How can I opt-out of receiving marketing material?
You may opt-out of receiving marketing information from us and our related bodies corporate at any time by:
- Logging into your My Account area and opting out
- calling us on +61 468 326 900
Please allow five working days for your request to be actioned by us via phone.
What if I don’t want to give you my personal information?
You’re not required to give us your personal information. However, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services that you request of us.
How can you access and seek correction of personal information held by us?
You can access or seek correction of your personal information by:
- Logging into your My Account area and correcting your information; or
- calling us on +61 468 326 900
- by mail at Level 4, 1 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000
We will give you access to your personal information if practicable, and will take reasonable steps to amend any Personal Information about you that is inaccurate or out of date.
We may refuse you access to, or we may refuse to correct, your personal information in certain circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act. In such a case, we will provide you with written notice of the reasons for our decision.
We do not charge a fee to give you access to your personal information. However, we reserve the right to do so depending on the nature and extent of your request.
How can you complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how will we deal with your complaint?
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about how we collect or manage your personal information, then you may raise that matter with our Privacy Officer. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
- calling us on +61 468 326 900;
- by mail at Suite 4, 130 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000
We will endeavour to promptly respond to your questions, concerns or complaints. We will also endeavour to resolve any concerns or complaints that you may have to your satisfaction. However, if you are unhappy with our response, you can complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au), who may investigate the complaint further.
What if I have further questions?
All our policies
Get in touch with us here, if you have any questions for just about anything.