This fast acting formula contains antibacterial ingredients and natural acids to decongest pores, exfoliate and help soothe irritated skin. Most acne products only address one or two of these factors. Blem-X is able to address all four contributing factors in one formulation. Acne is a chronic inflammatory condition involving four factors:
1. Over production of skin cells which are trapped in the pores
2. Increased oil production by sebaceous glands
3. Excess P.acnes bacteria present in the pores
4. Skin inflammation as a result of the bacterial assault on living cells.
How to use
Apply sparingly to affected area. May be used in the morning and evening prior to moisturising. If using in the morning, follow with UberZinc for broad spectrum sun protection.
- Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate – a regulator of oil that provides hydration and reduces pigmented scars, also helping to calm active acne and reduce redness.
- Lactic Acid (AHA) – a natural and biocompatible exfoliant for effective removal of epidermal dead skin cells, responsible for congestion.
- Salicylic Acid (BHA) – working on the upper-most layer of the skin enhancing the penetration of active ingredients and as an anti-inflammatory. It is excellent for acne sufferers as it is able to draw out and remove dead cells and debris from congested skin follicles.
- Malic Acid (AHA) – a powerful antioxidant and humectant which has hydrating properties and leaves a protective, moisturising layer on the skin.
- Aloe Vera – a powerful anti-inflammatory which helps calm acne lesions and skin irritation.
- Lemongrass oil – Lemongrass is a natural antiseptic, astringent and antimicrobial which combats P.acnes bacteria and helps prevent infection which can leads to scarring. Lavender inhibits bacteria and helps to calm and heal irritated acne lesions.
- Lavender oil- Gently calms skin and acts as an antimicrobial agent to protect from post treatment infection.