Threading is an ancient technique of facial hair removal which uses a cotton thread which is skillfully manipulated along the surface of the skin. It’s 100% natural and the most accurate way to shape eyebrows. For those who are imagining – no there are no needles involved, threading uses only a simple cotton thread. Unlike any other techniques, threading is far superior and holds a very high respect around the world especially for facial hair for the following reasons.
ACCURACY Threading can remove a line of hair with extreme precision or target a single hair amongst millions. This makes threading by far the most popular method for eyebrow shaping around the world.
VERY GENTLE Threading is globally considered as one of the most gentle hair removal techniques. Threading does not damage or affect the skin of the treated area and lifts the hair from the very base, largely minimising pain. Threading is natural and gentle, making it suitable for all skin types.
EFFECTIVE Threading removes all the hair (the very fine and the thick stubborn hair) right from the follicle and the results are even better than waxing.
LONG LASTING Simply because threading removes a lot more hair than even waxing and ensures all hair is removed, including the finest hair from the follicle. Threading ensures longer lasting results and reduces hair in its quality and quantity, making it extremely suitable for all types of facial hair.
SAFE AND HYGIENIC Threading utilises a brand new piece of thread every time. Our therapist use hand and neck method for all our threading treatments, we do not use mouth method.
MEN ARE WELCOME TOO! Forget what you might think, men can benefit from regular threading too! Beauty Grace threading offers men various threading options, and can tame your eyebrows, side cheeks, ears and nose hairs.
Is threading painful?
Threading causes less discomfort than brow waxing, because threading targets individual hairs and keeps skin irritation to a minimum. Threading does not rely upon excessive pulling on delicate skin around the eyes. Those who are sensitive to waxing or depilatory products are not exposed to chemical irritants.
Threading …All you need to know
Threading is a method of hair removal originating in Asia. In more recent times it has gained popularity in Western countries, especially with a cosmetic application (particularly for removing/shaping eyebrows). In threading, a thin (cotton or polyester) thread is doubled, then twisted. It is then rolled over areas of unwanted hair, plucking the hair at the follicle level. Unlike tweezing, where single hairs are pulled out one at a time, threading can remove short rows of hair. Advantages cited for eyebrow threading, as opposed to eyebrow waxing, are that it provides more precise control in shaping eyebrows and is gentler on the skin. It can be painful as several hairs are removed at once: however, this can be minimised if it is done correctly. There are a few different techniques for threading. Threading allows for a more defined and precise shape and can create better definition for eyebrows. It is also used as a method of removing unwanted hair on the entire face and upper lip area. Threading is not a good method for removing hair on arms or legs, as the hair in those regions is typically quite coarse and there is too much to remove.
Threading is a preferred hair removal technique for a number of reasons:
- Threading is safe. It will not harm the skin like wax and some depilatory creams can, because the top layer of the skin is not peeled or traumatised, and it does not use potentially harmful chemicals or heat. It is an alternative for people with sensitive skin or those who suffer from acne.
- Threading just pulls the hair, unlike waxing which pulls the skin, over time waxing causes the skin loosen and develop premature wrinkles.
- Threading is suitable for removing fine as well as coarse, long as well as very short hair, which definitely gives it an edge over many methods of hair removal.
- Unlike tweezing, threading removes one clean line of hair all at once, making it much quicker and easier to shape the brows.
- Threading can be used to eliminate a unibrow, raise the arch of the eyebrow, or add shape and definition to the brow.
- Irritation, skin rashes or excessive redness are avoided with threading, however the skin may get slightly reddish for a few minutes.
- Threading is much kinder to the skin and is considerably less painful than other methods of hair removal.
- Threading lifts the hair from the follicle, therefore if it is done on a regular basis, it weakens the hair follicle so hair growth becomes less dense over time, and new hair will grow finer and sparser.
- Re-growth is between 2-3 weeks, depending on hair growth. This makes threading the most effective method of hair removal on the face for everyone. If you are looking for the best results, you need to consider threading. It is known to be a wonderful option for formal events, such as weddings or simply as an addition to a regular beauty regime
Facilities & Service
Beauty Grace provides a private, quiet and relaxed facility, to ensure you get the un-divided attention you deserve. Thus, we think there is very little reason you’d want to have your thread done at the department store! 🙂
Check out our article for more about eyebrow wax and shape.